City Voice Newspaper

13 B/Haram terrorists, 23 family members surrender to troops in Borno -DHQ

[ad_1]

The Defence Headquarters at the weekend announced that 13 Boko Haram terrorists, alongside six women and 17 children from Kodila village, have surrendered to troops of 151 Task Force Battalion at Banki Junction in Bama Local Government Area of Borno.

The Coordinator, Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. John Enenche, disclosed this in a statement on Sunday in Abuja.

Enenche said the terrorists surrendered due to sustained aerial bombardment and aggressive intensive clearance operation by troops of Operation Lafiya Dole in the North East.

He said the suspects and their family members who surrendered on Saturday, had been receiving medical attention at a military medical facility.

According to him, the suspects are currently undergoing thorough profiling and investigation in line with global best practices in handling such cases.

“The Armed Forces of Nigeria and other security agencies remain resolute, determined and committed to sustaining the tempo of the operations,” he said.

Meanwhile, the Air Task Force of Operation Lafiya Dole under subsidiary ‘Operation Hail Storm 2’, has eliminated scores of terrorists in massive air strikes on their camps in Borno.

The Coordinator, Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. John Enenche, disclosed this in a statement on Saturday in Abuja.

Enenche said the latest success was the massive destruction of Boko Haram camps at Tongule on Sept. 24 as well as those at Bone and Isari B Musa on Sept. 25.

He explained that the air strike on Tongule was undertaken after surveillance missions revealed continued assembly of the terrorists within the settlement at nighttime.

According to him, the Air Task Force dispatched Nigerian Air Force (NAF) helicopter gunships for a night attack on the location, with their barrage of rockets neutralising several of the terrorists.

“At Bone, a settlement along the Yale-Kumshe axis, on the other hand, was attacked by a force package of NAF fighter jets and helicopter gunships after credible intelligence reports established that the location served as a staging area from where the terrorists launch attacks.

“The NAF attack aircraft engaged the location in multiple bomb and rocket runs, destroying several of their structures and neutralizing scores of terrorists.

“Similarly, at Isari B Musa several terrorists, who were observed both within and in bushes surrounding the settlement, were taken out as the NAF attack aircraft took turns in engaging the target area,” he said.

[ad_2]

Read the original article on City Voice Newspaper

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *